Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Things I Love Today


Winter Spice - My biggest sensory response has always been to smell. As a child growing up in a bakery the smell of Christmas started in our house sometime around September. Coming home from school on a miserable wet autumn day to be greeted by an intoxicating fug of sugary, spicy goodness is one of my fondest memories. At the moment I am trying to recapture it with a collection on cinnamon, vanilla and citrus candles dotted about my room.  



Keeping Cozy - This year I'm wearing my scarves very thick, very soft and knitted. High around my neck with no trailing ends. Cozy and warm, and as a huge accessory to my outfit. Those of you who know me personally will already know that my love of over sized scarves is even greater than my love of over sized sunglasses and I am slowly, but steadily accumulating a huge collection of winter favourites. 



Honourable Mentions - the happy feeling of writing on the first page of a new notebook, very hot, very sugary coffee on a cold night, waking up with perfect bed head, glogg scented shower gel, tiny hard drives full of tv shows, hot port and good company, lemon curd yogurt, Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait - the PERFECT nude for my lips, early season mince pies, competing again for the first time in two years... and winning my category, surprise visits on a Sunday afternoon, wearing high heels everyday to work  

No comments:

Post a Comment