Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Morning


Do you find it difficult to get up on cold and wintery mornings like these? Is the dark, warm cocoon of your bed impossible to leave. Do you struggle to open your eyes and greet the day with any form of joy?

Try something for me... if your room allows it... move your bed. 

Just catch it and drag it over near the window. Crack your window a little when you go to bed each night. A slightly cool bedroom results in better sleep as your body's internal temperature needs to drop in order to fall asleep. You also have a constant supply of fresh air circulating in your bedroom. The slight increase in the brightness in your room also helps you to wake up more effectively as your body's biological clock is programmed to rise with the sun. This results in your body knowing when it's time to wake up and being ready for it. 

When I moved into my new place I really wanted to keep my room feeling a spacious as possible so I pushed the bed into the bay window in my room. It took a little tweaking of the blinds to make sure that the rising sun didn't hit me in the face each morning, and that the streetlight outside my window didn't keep me awake into the wee hours of the morning. The result has been wonderful though. I'm usually only lightly dozing by the time my alarm kicks off in the morning and it's no longer a chore to drag myself from the bed.

Try it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment